New Jersey had a newly established bow season and these bowmen were interested in adding to their meager knowledge and in meetings others who had the same interest. This group of 18 to 20 men formed the core of what was to soon become the Lincoln Park Archers.
After two years of meeting in each other’s houses, they started to have scheduled meetings at Henry’s Café in Lincoln Park. Upon the adoption of the first set of bylaws on June 5, 1958 the Lincoln Park Archers was created. The club continued to meet at Henry’s Café and had the use of a piece of land of Indian Lane in Towaco for a range, which the chapter members built.
The Lincoln Park Archers have hosted several state championships and bow hunter festivals. We also hold the attendance records for many of these events.
We owe it to those that preceded us as members to at least maintain it and if possible to improve it.
Original bylaws adopted by the charter members on June 5th 1958
Founding Charter Officers
President: George McCabe
Vice President: Wm. Becher
Secretary: Edward Gallagher
Corresponding Secretary: Marion M. Boggess